A judge is close to ordering Nicki Minaj to sell her $20 million Los Angeles mansion to pay a security guard following a default judgment.
According to Rolling Stone, Judge Cindy Pánuco recently awarded security guard Thomas Weidenmuller $500,000 after he sued Minaj and her husband, Kenneth Petty, over an alleged backstage assault at a 2019 concert in Frankfurt, Germany.
“My tentative is to grant this,” Pánuco said during a hearing. “I just want to make sure we’re getting it right.”
The judge explained that the only remaining document needed in the application to force the sale of Minaj’s home is a statement from Bank of America showing how much of her $13.3 million mortgage has been paid since she purchased the property in October 2022.
“Let’s say there’s no bidder who offers the full $20 million, and it goes up for auction, and they don’t get fair market value, and it doesn’t cover everything,” Pánuco said. “If it doesn’t cover what the sale is required to cover—including the judgment, in this instance—then I would use that evidence to help me to determine that.”
While Weidenmuller’s attorney, Paul Saso, argued the sale would cover the default judgment, Pánuco remains firm on reviewing the bank statement first. The next hearing is scheduled for Jan. 22, when she will make her ruling.
Weidenmuller said he attempted other ways to enforce the judgment, but Minaj and Petty didn’t respond.
“There is no doubt that the sale of the dwelling would satisfy the entire judgment, with millions to spare,” his application stated. “Although it is regrettable that the extraordinary measure of forcing the sale of Minaj’s dwelling is required, that result is entirely the product of her intransigence in not making payment.”
Weidenmuller filed the lawsuit in January 2022, accusing Petty of attacking him from behind and punching him in the face after Weidenmuller defended a fellow security guard during Minaj’s confrontation with her at the show.
He claimed Minaj grew upset that the security guard allowed a fan to jump the barricade and get onstage. Minaj allegedly yelled at the guard and recorded the exchange. When Weidenmuller stepped in to say the guard’s career could be “ruined” by the recording, Minaj allegedly threw a shoe at him and missed. The altercation with Petty followed shortly after.
“I now have five plates in my jaw, and my jaw has not yet been fully reconstructed,” Weidenmuller wrote in a statement. “The doctors must still insert implants into my jaw as a part of the reconstruction process. In the interim, the doctors have inserted donor bones from a deceased person into my mouth in order to preserve space for the future implants.”
He was awarded the money last week after Minaj and Petty failed to respond to the lawsuit.
