A potential Black Panther adult film parody was reportedly stopped before it could happen, though one performer admitted she was slightly disappointed by the decision.
During the August 13 episode of the 2 Goons podcast, adult film actress Kira Noir revealed that around the time Black Panther was released, Black male performers in the industry signed an open letter stating they would not take part in a parody of the film.
Recalling the situation around the 4-minute mark of the interview, Noir said the performers wanted to “protect the sanctity” of the Ryan Coogler-directed movie.
“They just didn’t want to disrespect it. They didn’t want to make fun of Black Panther by doing a parody,” she explained.
While Noir said she understood the reasoning behind their decision, she admitted she was somewhat frustrated by it. She explained that finding roles in other parodies has been “difficult” because she is Black and has a distinct look, pointing to her long braids.
“And I was like, ‘I totally feel you,’ but also [fuck],” she said while discussing the idea of a Black Panther parody. “I would have been able to do that.”
Black Panther became a major global success, earning approximately $1.35 billion worldwide and receiving seven Academy Award nominations, winning three. The film also made history as the first superhero movie to receive an Oscar nomination. Its 2022 follow-up, Black Panther: Wakanda Forever, went on to bring in around $859 million at the box office.
The sequel also served partly as a tribute to Chadwick Boseman, who portrayed the iconic character King T’Challa. Boseman passed away from colon cancer at the age of 43 in August 2020.
A third installment of the franchise was announced at San Diego Comic-Con in 2026, with British actor David Jonsson set to play Prince T’Challa II, the son of King T’Challa. The movie is scheduled to arrive in theaters on December 15, 2028.
Marvel president Kevin Feige previously revealed in an interview with Empire that Ryan Coogler and Jonsson met while the director was working on his 2025 vampire thriller Sinners.
“He had a secret meeting with him under cloak of darkness in a hotel somewhere, and called me afterwards and said, ‘He’s the guy, he’s the guy, I felt it. I felt it in my soul. He’s a good man, and he is the next Black Panther,’” Feige recalled Coogler telling him.
Feige said the conversation gave him chills and became the moment they decided to move forward with the casting.
“And I got chills, and I got a little welled-up and said, ‘Let’s do it’. So we’ve been sitting on this secret for a good five or six months.”
